Magnum Men's Clinic
Karl Astaphan M.D.
267 Fanshawe Park Road West
London , Ontario N6G 5A9
Phone: 519-640-2085 Cell: 226-980-9140
Magnum Men's Clinic offers new technology that is clinically proven to improve penile blood flow and function.
A new pain free approach for treating erectile dysfunction:
- ED affects 30% of men age 40 years old, and the prevalence only increases with age.
- Shockwave therapy has been used as a treatment for ED since about 2010, and it uses sound waves to trigger the formation of new blood vessels , to help to improve blood flow to tissues. Blood flow is what gives a man’s penis the firmness needed , in order to engage in sexual activities. Shockwave therapy aims to enable men to obtain more effective , and even spontaneous erections.
- Shockwave therapy has been studied in men over the age of 18 years old. Most men who will benefit from shockwave therapy have a vascular cause for their ED ; examples are patients who have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, aging , smoking history, obesity, heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, ischemic strokes, etc.
- Studies indicate that about 70% of men will benefit from shockwave therapy and some men may see benefits as early as 6-8 weeks after starting treatment.
- During the session , the doctor applies a gel to the man’s penis and groin , then the sound wave device is applied to these areas. Though some men may experience tingling , pain is uncommon, and if the patient does experience discomfort, the doctor can adjust the intensity of the sound wave. Typically , each treatment session lasts 15-30 minutes , and the treatment course consists of either (a) Six weekly treatments or (b) twice weekly treatments for 3 weeks. (c) Newer studies indicate that having 12 treatments initially (twice a week for 6 weeks), give even better results than the standard 6 treatments. Also, having another set of 6 treatments at the 6 month mark enhances sexual function additionally.
- Studies are ongoing , and recent data have indicated that some men with recent prostate removal surgery may minimize the potential for developing ED by having shockwave therapy. Studies have also shown benefit of shockwave therapy in some men who did not obtain erections using medications, like sildenafil , and enhanced erections in those who did benefit from medications , like sildefanil.
SHOCKWAVE is a physical therapy that does not involve drugs nor surgery.
SHOCKWAVE uses low intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy, which is clinically proven to improve symptoms of ED, enabling some patients to achieve spontaneous erections.
The technology Magnum Men's Clinic offers is clinically proven to:
1) Significantly improve penile function and
2) Significantly improve the circulation of blood in the penis without any significant adverse effects.
This technology is called Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy.
Read about its success in clinical trials below:
Shockwave treatment of erectile dysfunction
"The results of our studies, which also included a double-blind randomized control trial, confirm that LI-ESWT generates a significant clinical improvement of erectile function and a significant improvement in penile hemodynamics without any adverse effects."
Twelve-Month Efficacy and Safety of Low-Intensity Shockwave Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction in Patients Who Do Not Respond to Phosphodiesterase Type 5 Inhibitors
"LISWT in patients with ED unresponsive to [another form of] treatment was effective and safe in 60% of patients treated. The efficacy response was maintained for 12 months in most patients."
Low-Intensity Shockwave Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction: A Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing 2 Treatment Protocols and the Impact of Repeating Treatment
Why Magnum is great for you
The goal of Magnum Men's Clinic is to provide men with a comfortable, private environment to receive a medical alternative for their personal health concern.
Dr. Astaphan has over 25 years experience practicing medicine in Canada and the U.S.A. He is both a diplomate of the American Board of Family Medicine and a Fellow in the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
DR. KARL ASTAPHAN M.D. F.C.F.P.
Magnum Men's Clinic is located at 267 Fanshawe Park Road West, London , Ontario N6G 5A9
Note:(a) SHOCKWAVE is not covered by insurance , however, the initial consultation with the physician is free to the client, but may be covered by your provincial insurance.
(b) This treatment is approved by Health Canada for ED.
(c) This treatment is not currently approved by The F.D.A for treatment of ED in the U.S.A.
(d) No referral necessary! (e) There are NO taxes applicable for medical procedures.
(f) Phone for concierge appointment time.